Director of Product Management
Noetic Cyber is an innovative new venture-funded startup aimed at disrupting the cybersecurity market. Funded by some of the premier investors in cybersecurity and recognized by CSO Online as one of their “Security startups to watch for 2022”, we are targeting a critical aspect of the cybersecurity problem space which is under-serviced and ripe for disruption. Specifically, the company is taking a novel approach to helping organizations automatically discover, prioritize, and react to, cybersecurity posture issues. As a foundational aspect of this, Noetic has delivered a cyber asset management and controls platform, addressing a market segment recently defined by Gartner as Cyber Asset Attack Surface Management (CAASM).
Noetic is founded by 3 experienced serial cybersecurity entrepreneurs with over 75 years of experience involving 9 successful startups, including 2 IPOs. This is a truly unique opportunity to join an early-stage startup destined for great things and have a big impact on the cybersecurity industry.
Noetic is looking for a dynamic, seasoned, Director of Product Management with a proven track record of creating awesome enterprise products. You will be responsible for synthesizing customer needs and jobs-to-be-done, our technical innovation, limitations in current cybersecurity approaches and technologies, and the competitive landscape into a winning product strategy. In addition to exceptional communication skills and a strong understanding of the cybersecurity landscape, you will be counted upon to be a self-motivated critical thinker who demonstrates creativity and sound judgements when it comes product strategy and prioritization. You will be part of the small, but fast growing, founding team, working collaboratively with a talented and passionate group of your peers. The position includes a competitive equity, salary and benefits package. If you meet the requirements of the position, and are passionate about having an impact, then this is a rare opportunity to build an industry-changing product literally from the ground up.
- Build a highly functioning product management team as the company grows, defining measurable outcomes for your teams and regularly track and report on progress.
- Develop your product and domain knowledge to broadly influence roadmap themes by proactively identifying areas of opportunity.
- Work closely with clients to understand their needs and to devise innovative ways to address them.
- Work collaboratively with internal teams, including design and development teams, to convert those client needs into viable and effective product features which delight the user.
- Effectively devise, maintain, and communicate an 18-month roadmap which creatively addresses client needs and fuels company growth.
- Work with customers and subject-matter experts regularly in formal research settings and during product roadmap calls to understand their unmet needs.
- Work closely with the sales and marketing teams to develop and optimize impactful messaging.
- Work with UX researchers to put together research agendas, review research questions, identify research cohorts, sit in during customer interviews, review research findings.
- Analyze customer usage data to create a data-informed perspective on user needs.
- Learn, understand, and stay abreast of our business. Establish strong working relationships with sales, marketing, finance, legal, etc. Be a voice for their interests to the product team.
- Manage and prioritize story backlogs and feature priorities.
- Define, track, and report on the post-launch success metrics for the deliverables.
- Stay abreast of trends in the technology industry and particularly in enterprise cybersecurity software environments.
- Stay abreast of direct competitors and their products capabilities.
- A comprehensive understanding of the cybersecurity landscape, product categories, differentiation, and evolution.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with, as well as lead, others.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate a compelling vision
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and product delivery.
- 10+ years working on technology-powered products as either a product manager or product management leader.
- Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgement to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative.
- Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship.
- Knowledge of service provider market
- Ability to speak comfortably in front of large audiences
- Experience with one or more of the following cybersecurity categories: Asset management/CAASM, Vulnerability Management, EDR/XDR, CNAPP/CSPM/CWPP