Software Engineer – Integrations
Noetic Cyber is an innovative new venture-funded startup aimed at disrupting the cybersecurity market. Founded by a group of proven cybersecurity entrepreneurs and funded by some of the premier investors in cybersecurity, Noetic is recognized by CSO Online as one of their “Security startups to watch for 2022”, Specifically, the company is taking a novel approach to helping organizations automatically discover, prioritize, and react to, cybersecurity posture issues. As a foundational aspect of this, Noetic has delivered a cyber asset management and controls platform, addressing a market segment recently defined by Gartner as Cyber Asset Attack Surface Management (CAASM).
Noetic is looking for an innovative and enterprising software engineer who will be focused on the data aggregation and modeling aspect of our platform, integrating with a variety of cybersecurity products and data sources. You will be part of the small, but fast growing, founding team, working collaboratively with a talented and passionate group of software engineers. The role will require both research focus to understand the possibilities as well as technical implementation enabling feature development. The position includes a competitive equity and salary package. If you meet the requirements of the position, and are passionate about having an impact, then this is a rare opportunity to build an industry-changing product literally from the ground up.
A successful candidate will need the following skills and characteristics.
- The personality and attitude to work with a small team in a highly dynamic, interactive and collaborative environment
- Proven track record, and ability to discuss a portfolio of work, demonstrating your individual contribution toward creating exceptional enterprise software products
- Highly self-motivated with a drive to win
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrated experience
- 3+ years of experience in commercial software development
- Coding in Python
- Data integration with JSON
- Database technology, i.e. PostgreSQL
- Experience with REST APIs
- Experience working in an Agile software development framework
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Obsessive focus on quality and testing
- Knowledge of software structures / architectures / design patterns
- Familiarity with cybersecurity concepts and systems (endpoint detection and response, vulnerability scanners, patch management, etc.)
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP), APIs, and tools (Terraform, etc.)
- Developing integrations with security tools (e.g. Splunk, SIEM, SOAR)