Sr Cloud Operations Engineer
Noetic Cyber is a new venture-funded startup aimed at disrupting the cybersecurity market. Funded by some of the premier investors in cybersecurity, we are targeting an aspect of the cybersecurity problem space which is under-serviced and ripe for disruption. Noetic is founded by 3 successful serial cybersecurity entrepreneurs with over 75 years of experience involving 9 successful startups, including 2 IPOs. This is a truly unique opportunity to join an early stage startup destined for great things and have a big impact on the cybersecurity industry.
Noetic is looking for a dynamic and seasoned cloud operations engineer with a proven track record of creating awesome enterprise software. In addition to exceptional knowledge and skills in cloud operations, you will be counted upon to be a self-motivated, independent and critical thinker who demonstrates sound judgements when it comes technology and architectural decisions. You will be part of the small, but growing, founding team, working collaboratively with a talented and passionate group of your peers.
More specifically, the Noetic platform is offered as a cloud-native SaaS solution hosted in our public cloud environment (Azure and AWS) but is also available for on-premises deployment. This role will be a fundamental part of the engineering organization to ensure a seamless, high quality pipeline from software development, to test, to production deployment as well as ongoing monitoring and maintenance. In this role, you will help architect, modify, improve, and support the platform running all customer-facing SaaS systems. Using your expertise in the principles of automation and continuous improvement, you will help create an environment where availability, reliability and security are threaded through the entire application life cycle, not treated as an afterthought. You will write new software as required to automate software deployments, upgrades, scaling, monitoring, alerting, and testing. This is an opportunity to help build a best-in-class DevSecOps process from the ground up, unencumbered by legacy constraints.
If you meet the requirements of the position, and are passionate about what you do, then this is a rare opportunity to build an industry-changing product literally from the ground up.
In this role your responsibilities will include the following;
- Partnering with the rest of the engineering team to define and implement best-in-class DevOps processes and tooling
- Improve our customer’s experience by designing and implementing reliable cloud services
- Managing the dev and production Cloud/SaaS hosting environments
- Designing and building out our monitoring, auditing, and alerting tooling
- Creating and executing all necessary Disaster Recovery policies, procedures, and drills
- Ensuring compliance with all security related policies and procedures
- Implementing networking and cybersecurity best practices
- Troubleshooting software systems, optimizing performance, resolving problems, and providing follow-up on all issues and solutions
- Implement and maintain infrastructure as code repository and automation
A successful candidate will need the following skills and characteristics;
- The personality and attitude to work with a small team in a highly dynamic, interactive and collaborative environment
- Highly self-motivated with a drive to win
- Proven track record, and ability to discuss a portfolio of work, demonstrating your individual contributions toward building and maintaining highly reliable cloud applications and infrastructure
- Experience in at least one public cloud/SaaS hosting environment such as Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience in testing and troubleshooting full-stack web applications
- Familiarity with modern cloud-native technologies such as Kubernetes, containerization, front-end build pipelines and tools such as Microsoft Azure DevOps, etc.
- Experience with infrastructure as code, i.e. Terraform, Ansible, etc.
- Experience with continuous integration / continuous delivery and associated tooling
- Experience in benchmarking and network optimization
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or comparable field of study
- 4+ years of experience in supporting SaaS-based enterprise applications
- Familiarity with cybersecurity concepts