A year since our launch, Noetic's first 12 months in review
Today marks 12 months since the official launch of Noetic Cyber, our first ‘birthday’, though of course the work had started over 18 months prior to Jul 28th, 2021. As we celebrate our birthday, I wanted to reflect on our journey over the past 12 months and the progress we’ve made together
When I look back at the launch blog I wrote then, much of it is still true today. We are 100% focused on helping security teams unlock their data to reduce the attack surface, close coverage gaps, and improve their security posture, but we’ve learned a huge amount in the past year.
A big positive for me is that we’ve been able to gather the company together on 2 occasions. Noetic was born in the pandemic, across three continents, and built and launched our platform without many of my team having the chance to meet in person. We ran company-wide off sites in January and June in Boston, and I was inspired by the creativity and energy unlocked in these in-person sessions.
So what has Noetic achieved over the past year? I’ve tried to summarize this into some key areas:
- We continue to build a World Class team. Since the beginning, one of the things that excites me and my co-founders is our chance to build the best team we’ve ever worked with. When we launched Noetic last July, we already had a high-performing core engineering team, since then we’ve added sales, marketing, customer success and pre-sales teams on both sides of the Atlantic, as well as building out our leadership team in Engineering with Jim Schley, Go-To-Market with our CRO, Mike Rogers and our EMEA leader, Charlie Howe and supporting all our business operations with our CFO, Karen Higgins. We’ve doubled the Noetic team over the last year, and I believe this to be the best team I’ve ever had the pleasure of working with.
- We’re delivering customer-focused technology innovation. The support of our design partners and CISO advisors before launch had provided us with insights and feedback in the initial launch of the Noetic but nothing can replicate the learnings you gain from being deployed in production in different environments. With recent releases for the Noetic platform, we’ve significantly improved the time to value for our customers, using data science techniques to simplify cyber asset management at scale. We’re also delivering innovative cyber asset intelligence based on mapping the relationship between all assets, plus layering external threat and vulnerability data including CISA’s Known Exploited Vulnerabilities catalog and MITRE ATT&CK® mitigations to provide greater context into potential cyber risk. There’s so much more that the team is working on, which we will be showcasing over the upcoming months.
- We’re seeing real momentum in the industry around this challenge. Just as we launched Noetic last summer, Gartner introduced the category Cyber Asset Attack Surface Management (CAASM) in the report: Gartner® Hype Cycle™ for Network Security, 2021. This helped to generate both awareness of the problem, and a new approach to tackling it. Since then, we’ve been referenced as a sample vendor for CAASM in Gartner’s Innovation Insight for Attack Surface Management, and this year’s Hype Cycle™ for Security Operations. We’ve also been referenced by Forrester in their discussions on this topic too, so there’s a definite growth in market awareness of Attack Surface and Cyber Asset Management.
- We’re getting recognized for our hard work. As an early-stage startup, it’s important for us to be able to create awareness in the marketplace for our company and our technology. So it’s been a fantastic achievement for our team to be recognized at so many industry awards and media articles, some highlights of the last 12 months include:
- CRN, 10 hottest Cybersecurity Startups of 2021
- eSecurity Planet, Top Cybersecurity Startups to watch in 2022
- CSO Online, Security startups to watch for 2022
- TAG Cyber Distinguished Vendor
- Cybersecurity Excellence Awards – Best Cybersecurity Startup, Most Innovative Cybersecurity Company & Continuous Controls Monitoring
- 2022 Fortress Cyber Award for Security Analytics
- Global Infosec Awards for Startup of the Year, Cutting Edge Attack Surface Management & Best Continuous Controls Monitoring
- SC Awards Europe, Best Risk Management
- CRN, Emerging Security Vendor 2022
It’s been an incredible start to our journey and we’re excited to be working with innovative security leaders and partners across the world to solve a foundational cybersecurity problem.